Why use WindizUpdate?
Not only will it keep you up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft, it will also keep software and drivers from other vendors updated. However, that functionality is currently missing.
Good reasons to use WindizUpdate
- No personally identifiable information is collected from your computer.
- No more unwanted spyware -- Microsoft Internet Explorer can finally be removed from your computer (if that were possible).
- It lists just the updates you need. If an update has been superceded by a newer one, it will not ask you to install the older one.
- Using enhanced data from MBSA, WindizUpdate will find more security patches needed for your O/S than the "other" website.
- If there is a security issue with a component that is not yet installed, it will not ask you to update it. For example, if you have not installed hyperterminal, it will not update it.
- It is not restricted to just Microsoft products. Software from other vendors can also be updated.
- Upgrading to the latest version of Internet Explorer is not considered a Critical Update!
- Works on Windows versions no longer supported by Microsoft -- Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 95
- Our plugin is not an ActiveX control.
- Integrated download manager with error detection -- you can cancel downloads at any time, and the next time you wish to install the cancelled update, it will continue from where it left off. Only corrupted sections of the file are redownloaded.
If you are still not convinced that WindizUpdate is the site for you, please check out our page titled "do we need to say any more?
- There is a delay from when new updates are released from Microsoft to when they appear on this site.
- If you're using Internet Explorer, you will need to use Microsoft's Windows Update site for updates -- this site will be of no use to you.
- You'll need to upgrade your browser if you're using MSIE 4.xx -- This site won't work, neither will Microsoft's.